Azs Three American Viticulture Areas
In the Sonoita AVA in southeast Arizona, youll find winemakers growing Sangiovese, Garnacha, Mouverdre and Tannat, among others. The stars of the other southestern region, the Wilcox AVA , are Viognier, Tempranillo, and Mourvèdre.
The Verde Valley AVA was just established in 2021. There they grow more than 40 wine grape varieties to produce wine, including the white grape varieties Malvasia Bianca, Viognier, Chardonnay, Vermentino, Seyval Blanc and Picpoul Blanc. Red grape varieties in the Verde Valley AVA include Syrah, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese, Tannat and Barbera.
Buy Direct Wines On Amazon
- Shop All Wine. Search Wine. Wines of the Month. Perimeter Chardonnay. 750mL $ 9.99* *In-store with 5% cash discount w/ Specs Key. $ 10.52 Add to cart. Liberation De Paris Sauvignon Blanc. 750mL $ 11.57* *In-store with 5% cash discount w/ Specs Key. $ 11.57 Add to cart. Hunter Chaps Chardonnay
- Caduceus Cellars and Iniquus Cellars A fixture in Arizona wine since 2007, when Eric Glomski plucked him off a vineyard in Virginia to work at Page Springs Cellars, White switched allegiances and currently works with Maynard James Keenan as co-vintner at Caduceus Cellars, keeping the wine flowing when the boss is off playing Coachella and the like
- wine red 2012 Caduceus Cellars Shinola Merkin Vineyards, Wine of Central Coast. Winery: Caduceus Cellars. Have you tasted it? Share your opinion
- buy wine/beer/spirits online. If you cant make it into the store to get helped by one of the team, you can shop online from the comfort of your own home. Simply complete your order and then choose whether you would like to pick-up in person at either location or choose to have it delivered. We want to make it easy for you
- Buy Caduceus wines at Vinfolios online wine store. Caduceus. Maynard James Keenan is passionate about everything he takes on, be it music or winegrowing
Read Also: What Kind Of Wine Pairs With Salmon
Red Winesfrom Bright And Fruit Forward To Full Body
- Chupacabra Our red shape-shifter, kitchen-sink blend. The blend changes slightly from year to year depending on where our Alchemistic inclinations lead us but is usually rooted in Grenache, Mourvedre, and SyrahTA 3GL 9BO 28
- Tarzan Red This is a big hairy old world Iberian beast of a blend. Mostly Tempranillo with a dash of something Iberian depending on the yearTA 4GL 14BO 42
- VSC Reserva Red Mystery blend from Buhl Memorial Vineyard in Cochise County, AZ, hand selected by the wine maker and designed as an exclusive offering for our VSC members.TA 4
- Caduceus Airavata 100% Garnacha from the Eliphante Block in CornvilleTA 4GL 16BO 50
- Caduceus Nagual Del Marzo 50% Sangiovese, 50% Cabernet Sauvignon from MARZOs block, Cornville, AZ. Light bodied Italian style Super Tuscan.TA 6
Chupacabra Blanca / Chupacabra Rosa / Chupacabra
- Queen B Sparkling Malvasia 100% Malvasia BiancaSingle 12
- Queen B Sparkling Rosé 100% MourvèdreSingle 12
- Queen B Sparkling Red 100% GarnachaSingle 12
- Queen B Hard Cider Estate Grown Verde Vally ApplesSingle 9
- Queen B Sparkling Mead Arizona Wild Flower HoneySingle 11
- Fresh Brewed Iced Tea 3
- Bottle Water 3
- Sunday Brunch:10am-2pm
RESERVATIONS:Service is first come first serve. For large parties or private events we recommend you call ahead to reserve space.
Recommended Reading: Sell Vintage Wines
Where To Buy Caduceus Prices & Local Stores In Ny Us
The Medicine Mug is a go-to gift for everyone in the healthcare field including medical students, doctors, nurses, physician assistants, veterinarians, therapists, and hospital administrators. The mug handle features the Rod of Asclepius a symbol from Greek mythology associated with healing + medicine Maynard James Keenan started making his first solo wines in Arizona in 2009. Navigate your way through the landscape of Arizona wine and youll be told that, while nascent, theyre gaining ground, California will be painted as both inspiration and hindrance, and everyone has an opinion on Maynard James Keenan He spoke with Wine Spectator just after he completed a 20-week international tour to promote Tools latest album, 10,000 Daysright as harvest was underway and just as his winery, Caduceus, was releasing its 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon-Syrah blend, Sensei Personalized Glass Plaque for Doctors with Silver Caduceus . Whether it is a special present for doctor or recent medical school graduate, giving a meaningful gift to someone who already gives so much can often be a difficult task. A personalized jade glass
Read Also: Total Wine And Liquor Locations
The History Wineries & Vineyards In Phoenix Arizona
The history of wineries in Phoenix Arizona is rich, with wine production reaching an all-time high during the 1800s. This was largely due to a settlement called New River, which lies several miles northwest of present-day Glendale. In 1866, New River became one of the first communities in Arizona Territory where grapes were planted and made into wine. Within ten years there were over 400 vineyards near this area alone! However, as time went on fewer people started using horses for transportation and more began using trains grape harvesting declined significantly because it took too long to transport them via horseback or wagons . Today we have many world-class wineries in the Phoenix area, with some of the best wines in Arizona. If youre looking for some good wine that wont break your budget then be sure to check out these top ten best wineries near Phoenix Arizona!
1. Merkin Vineyards | 7133 E. Stetson Drive, Scottsdale
Its not every day that wine and Tool fans can share a passion. Yet, there is an Old Town Scottsdale outpost for this pairing in which you will find award-winning wares poured by winemaker Maynard James Keenan at his Merkin Vineyards or Caduceus Vineyards vineyards to be enjoyed with innovative boutique wines like Chupacabra Bubbles made from Malvasia Bianca alongside Tarzan reds containing 100% Temprano grapes grown just down the road at Berceto DOCG controlled Vinifera Wines since 2006.
2. Carlson Creek Vineyard | 4142 N. Marshall Way, Scottsdale
Recommended Reading: Wine Stain White Shirt
Top Results For Merkin Vineyards Wine
Merkin Vineyards | Buy Wine, Spirits And Beer Online Or …
Copy the link and share
Merkin Vineyards Wine List | Visit A Winery
Copy the link and share
The Wines Of Arizona’s Caduceus Cellars And Merkin …
Copy the link and share
Merkin Vineyards Osteria – Caduceus Cellars
Copy the link and share
Copy the link and share
2020 Merkin Vineyards SHINOLA – Caduceus Cellars
Copy the link and share
Video: Caduceus Buy Wine Spirits And Beer Online Or Locally
Caduceus Buy Wine, Spirits and Beer Online or Locally . CODES Caduceus Cellars Primer Paso Syrah, Grenache, Petite Sirah, Malvasia. This wine must be ordered online or by phone at 510-525-9463. Minimum orders are firm. Please allow 2-3 business days turnaround time for most items to be ready for pickup or shipment Caduceus Cellars Shinola Merkin Vineyards 2012. Caduceus Cellars Producer: Caduceus Cellars Appellation: Central Coast. Other vintages of Caduceus Cellars Shinola Merkin Vineyards. Red wine. Caduceus Cellars Shinola Merkin Vineyards wine. Red wine. 1 Kathy partners with the amazing Dare 2 Dream Farms team.We hear it is sold out, but we encourage you to Contact Megan at Dare to Dream Farms to get on the waiting list. August 12-15 Wine + Fire 2021 Greetings from the Sta. Rita Hills! 2021 marks the 20th anniversary of the Sta. Rita Hills receiving our AVA status and we are ready to celebrate with Wine and Fire You can purchase wine without worries at the best places to buy wine in Houston, listed below. Besides these top wine shops, in some states, you can also buy wine online at wine.com. Houston Wine Merchant 2646 S. Shepherd Dr. Houston, TX 713-524-3397 www.houstonwines.com.
Read Also: How To Cut Corks
Were Shipping To The Following States
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Dont Miss: Red Wine Stain Hot Or Cold Water
Where To Go Wine Tasting In Phoenix
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Ever find yourself wondering where to go wine tasting in Phoenix? You could be flying through, coming in to visit, or a local looking for a new wine bar to go out for a tasting? Weve got you covered. Weve rounded up some of Phoenixs finest in the wine scene. These are some wine tasting rooms youre not going to want to miss. With plenty of natural wonder and sightseeing opportunities, Phoenix is a popular tourist destination. Whether youre looking for something new, or trying to get into wine this is an awesome chance to try out your next favorite wine hotspot!
You May Like: Stella Rosa Platinum French Vanilla Review
Gardensstraight From Our Farm& Our Community Of Growers
Fresh burrata, mango chutney, Noble bread, Merkin orchard apples, EVOO
- Warm Cheese Dip
Tomato fondue, nduja, mozzarella, Tuscan pesto, Parmigiano-Reggiano, crusty bread
- Southwest Kale Caesar
Merkin greens, garden toscana kale, house dressing, parmesan, almond gremolata, parmesan tuile
- Harvest Salad 14
Merkin field greens, orange, apple, pistachio, pomegranate seeds, Crows Dairy Goat Cheese, raisins, avocado, citrus dressing
- Bacon Dates
Local Medjool dates, Crows dairy chevre, Barrel aged smoked maple syrup
- Native Hummus
AZ Tepary beans, raw farm veggies
- Warm Citrus Olives
Merkin olives, citrus peel, garlic, rosemary
- Plate of Pickles
Variety of house pickled garden vegetable
- Wood Oven Chicken 32
Adobo rubbed Two Wash Ranch whole baby chicken, salsa verde, salsa carbon, charro beans, tortillas, escabeche, radish, pico de gallo
Pastaadd To Any Dish: Merkin Garden Grilled Vegetables +7seasoned Chicken Breast +75 Or Beef Sirloin* +85
- MERKIN MAC & CHEESE
prickly pear infused pasta with pancetta-mascarpone cream sauce, dusted with beet powder
- CAVATELLI PESTO
icotta and goat cheese hand cut pasta shells with house made seasonal pesto
- CACIO E PEPE
spaghetti with a traditional cracked black pepper and parmigiano & pecorino blend
- TAGLIOLINI E RAGU
ribbon shaped egg pasta, with Arizona grass fed beef ragu, pecorino and basil
- GNOCCHI 16
traditionally prepared potato dumpling with sage and prosciutto di parma cream sauce
add to any dish: Merkin Garden grilled vegetables +7 seasoned chicken breast +7.5 or beef sirloin* +8.5
- Daily Pasta
see chalkboard or ask your server for details
Also Check: How To Start Your Own Wine Label
Buy Caduceus Wines At Vinfolio’s Online Wine Stor
- Angel’s Envy is an exceptional Kentucky straight bourbon finished in port wine barrels. Given the Highest Recommendation by Spirit Journal, celebrated by Whisky Advocate, The Bourbon Review, and awarded Wine Enthusiast’s highest bourbon rating, Angel’s Envy is unlike any other whiskey you’ve ever tasted
- Hours: Sunday through Thursday 11 am – 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday 12 – 9 p.m. Phone: 928.634.3866. Willcox Tasting Room. Currently located in the historic town center along the Willcox Wine Trail is the original Carlson Creek tasting room, which will soon be relocating to the family vineyard once the new winery opens in Summer of 2021
- Over 5000 boutique wines on offer and growing. Free Shipping on orders over $250. Specializing in premium wines from AUS/NZ, France, Italy, Spain, USA and all other fine wine countries. Filter by Region, Appellation, Price, Vintage, Varietal, Score, etc
Francis Ford Coppola In Geyserville California
Photo: Coppola Wine/Facebook
Francis Ford Coppola and his family have made almost as big a name for themselves in the wine world as they have in cinema. Coppola bought Inglenook Estate in Napa in 1975, and then opened his eponymous winery in nearby Geyserville in 2006. Visiting is like a trip into a wine-soaked movie museum on a vineyard. Memorabilia from Coppolas movies like The Godfather and Apocalypse, along with some Academy Awards, are just as accessible as the award-winning wines. And there are a lot of wines to choose from the winery produces more than 40. A restaurant with a menu curated to pair with the house wines dishes options like pizza, spaghetti, and rack of lamb. Finally, there are the swimming pools. Two of them, to be exact, with all the chaise lounge chairs and vineyard views you could ask for.
If thats not enough of a Coppola wine experience for you, he owns a second winery and tasting room people can visit, too, which makes Virginia Dare.
Where: Francis Ford Coppola Winery is located at 300 Via Archimedes, Geyserville, CA 95441 and Virginia Dare at 22281 Chianti Rd Geyserville, CA 95441
Don’t Miss: Semler Wine Safari
Committed To Growing And Sourcing Ingredients From Our And Arizona’s Premier Farms Fields Pastures And Trees
Merkin Vineyards is on a mission to come as close as we can to delivering a 100% Arizona experience to our extended family and community. Its a mission few would choose to take on, but essential when Regional, Sustainable, and a Sense of Place are the goal.
- All of our wines are produced by MJ & Jennifer Keenan, Tim White and our team from our 110 acres of Estate Vineyards in the Verde Valley and Willcox, AZ.
- Our fruits and vegetables are farmed by Randee Larremore and Maynards father, Mike Keenan, in our Verde Valley Greenhouses, Gardens, and Orchards. What we cant grow, we source from local Arizona farmers.
- Our House Made Gelati and Sorbetti are hand crafted by Kelley E. Foy. We use Arizona produced Dairy and fresh ingredients grown in the Merkin Vineyards Greenhouses, Gardens, and Orchards.
Mother Nature beats the drum to which we march and jump. So our menu remains flexible and changes weekly or even daily depending on her whims. Its a challenge and journey we gladly embrace and we sincerely hope you join us in our quest.
Top 10 Best Wineries To Visit Near Phoenix Arizona
The Arizona wine industry is booming. In fact, according to Vinepair, Arizona ranks third in the United States for wine production by acreage. The climate and soil of the state are perfect for grapes to grow well, and many wineries have popped up all over Phoenix to take advantage of this opportunity. In this article, we will discuss our top 10 best wineries near Phoenix AZ that you should visit if youre looking for a great tasting experience!
Recommended Reading: Cabernet Sauvignon Grapevines For Sale
Pizzaartisan Pizzas And Daily Breads Baked In Our Wood Fired Oven
Roasted garlic parmesan spread, Merkin farm vegetables, fresh mozzarella, fontina cheese
Calabrese, schinken, nduja, fig jam, fontina
- Meatball Pide
Merguez sausage, kachumber salad, feta, tzatziki, cilantro, mint
- Daily Pizza
Chefs seasonal inspiration, ask whats fresh or check out our board
From Our Farm To Your Table From Our Vines To Your Glass
- All of our wines are produced by MJ Keenan and his team from our 110 acres of Estate Vineyards in both the Verde Valley and Willcox, Arizona.
- Our fruits and vegetables are farmed by Maynards father, Mike Keenan, who moved here from Michigan to battle the Arizona elements daily in our Verde Valley Greenhouses, Gardens, and Orchards.
- All of our pastas and breads are made from scratch inhouse by Chef Chris Smith and our magical kitchen staff using Arizona grown and milled flour.
- Our house made gelati and sorbetti are hand crafted by Chef Kelley E. Foy using Arizona produced dairy and fresh ingredients grown in the Merkin Vineyards Greenhouses, Gardens, and Orchards.
Read Also: Malibu Wild Safari
Dolcehouse Made Sweets Featuring Our Duck Eggs & Orchard Fruits
- Merkin Gelati & Sorbeti
Mint chocolate, caramel, lavender malvasia, vanilla, or lemon pomegranate
- Warm Squash Blondie
Garden squash, warm cookie, cajeta, honeycomb candy, Merkin gelato
- Warm Brownie
Chocolate brownie, peanut butter ganache, Merkin gelato
- Wood Oven Cobbler
Seasonal Merkin Orchard fruit, house crumble, Merkin gelato
Lasagna Cupcakesall Lasagna Cupcakes Are Created With House Madeduck Egg Pasta And Fresh Ingredients Harvested From Merkin Gardens And Greenhouses Served With Side Salad And Bread Take & Bake Cupcakes $9 Each Or 2 For $16
seasonal vegetables from our Merkin Gardens & Greenhouses, pomodoro, ricotta, mozzarella, pecorino
- CHICKEN RELLENO
roasted chicken, roasted poblano peppers and onions, bechamel, smoked ricotta, mozzarella, pecorino
house made bolognese, Merkin Greenhouse greens, ricotta, mozzarella, pecorino
Recommended Reading: Red Or White Wine With Lasagna
An Array Of Northern Arizona Wines
Merkin Vineyards Old Town will pour all of Keenan’s wines, including Caduceus Cellars, Merkin Vineyards and Puscifer canned wines.
In additional to introducing customers to his products, Keenan hopes to whet people’s appetite to venture up north to visit the wineries themselves. Keenan has been a vocal and effective advocate for Arizona wines since launching his Caduceus label in 2004.
“We’ll offer a few different things than we offer at the other locations but still keeping in mind we want you to come north, since that’s where the grapes are grown,” Keenan says. “It’s best to come check those things out.”
The tasting room also will feature wines from Four Eight Wineworks, the wine cooperative Keenan owns and founded in Jerome, as well as those from other Arizona producers approved by the Arizona Vignerons Alliance. Keenan is one of eight founding members of the organization, which certifies Arizona-made wines for quality.
Red White Rose And Bubbles
If you go to any of Keenans tasting rooms, youll be treated to a wide range of interesting single varietals and blends, some with fun names like Chupacabra or Shinola but dont let the levity fool you. Paired with the delicious charcuterie or bistro fare, these wines are Instagram worthy and you may even buy a few bottles to take home .
Note: you CAN order these wines online for shipment , and they have a Wine Club: Caduceus Cellars: Home
Check out their Old Town Scottsdale location.
Or venture up to Cottonwood and pay a visit to this throwback to the olden days town.
For more information on the Verde Valley Wine Trail, visit Verde Valley American Viticultural Area | Central Arizona
As we venture out to the other regions, Ill post again. Have YOU tried any Arizona wines?
You May Like: What Wine Has The Lowest Calories