Mateus Dry Ros: Portugals Iconic Brand Introduces The New Shape Of Ros
In 1942 Mateus was born from the visionary mind of Fernando van Zeller Guedes.
Mateus immediately became Portugals first rosé wine and the crown jewel of Portugals most prominent family-owned wine producer, Sogrape Vinhos. Its creative brand identity and distinctive features, including a design forward bottle inspired by flasks worn by soldiers during World War I and a unique label providing a link between product and provenance, made Mateus a cultural icon with cult-like following.
Harking on this pioneering spirit and over 75 years of history, the recent introduction of Mateus Dry Rosé marks the beginning of Mateus reinvigorated U.S. journey to deliver a wine that embodies the New Shape of Rosé. With a new dry style of wine, updated branding and packaging and a new ambition for the U.S. market, the new Mateus Dry Rosé is a modern and rejuvenated interpretation of the iconic Original.
Made from Baga and Touriga Nacional grapes, Mateus delivers a dry rosé with a pale pink color, a bouquet of alluring floral notes, and lively red berry fruit flavors on the palate. The new bottle shape, which is taller, gently curved and dons a contemporary silver label featuring the vintage modernizes the original design. This new evolution of Mateus with its contemporary and lifestyle positioning is designed to attract and engage the curious millennial target.
Mateus The Original Rose
- This wine has won many prizes: The non-vintage of this wine won the Mondial du Rose Argent award in 2013 and 2011.Several important critics have rated this Portuguese wine highly.One of the more sought-after wine … Stores and prices for ‘Mateus The Original Rose86%
Mateus Demi Sec Sparkling Rose Wine
Mateus Sparkling Rosé Demi Sec Baga and Shiraz is a semi-dry sparkling wine from the rosé wine brand that excels in its young, fresh and contemporary style
The twentieth century witnessed the birth and consolidation of Mateus Rosé, the brand par excellence of Sogrape that truly conquered the world.The story of Mateus Rosé goes back to 1942, when Fernando Van Zeller Guedes created and launched a highly differentiating concept – a wine with a strong personality and a unique flavor, presented in an original and innovative bottle
- Baga and Shiraz
- Ideal to accompany canapés. It is also excellent with the typical Bairrada pig, or accompanying pies with fresh fruits, such as strawberry or raspberry, or even fruit salads
- Tasting Notes
- Refined and refreshing, with floral notes, this sparkling wine has pleasant aromas of apple, pear and raspberry between subtle notes of toasted bread that interact with a fresh and lively acidity, providing a fragrant and delicate finish
- 6 – 8ºC
- A gentle pressing, followed by slow fermentation at low temperature, leads to the production of a pure and delicate base wine, which is then subjected to a second fermentation in a tub at 16°C
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Don’t Miss: Starting Your Own Wine Label
Elaboration Of Mateus Ros Demi Sec Sparkling
Mateus Rosé Demi Sec Sparkling
- View: The Mateus Rosé Demi Sec Sparkling has pale pink flowers with light reflections light salmon. These fine foam with delicate and persistent foam.
- Nose: A good refreshing bouquet, with floral notes and flavors of apple, pear and raspberry.
- Mouth: The fruity notes are also evident in the very present palate and blend seamlessly with the tartness. subtle notes of toast that make the taste more interesting also appears. Finally, there is an aromatic and very fine finish.
VINEYARD: The Mateus brand is distributed by the Sogrape Vinhos de Portugal group, grown in the best Portuguese wine regions surface: Alentejo, Bairrada, Dão, Douro, Sherry, Madeira, Vinhos Verdes. All regions can have an excellent microclimate, with soil rich in minerals, perfect hill and Mediterranean influences. Sun also learned that the first Mateus excellent conditions for ripening, which remained in harmony with nature and then further processed.
GRAPES: Baga and Shiraz.
EXTRACTION: 2 months of ripening.
PREPARATION: The grapes were harvested very early if they have much less acid and tannins. It was followed by gentle pressing and slow fermentation at low temperatures. The second fermentation was carried out in Cuba at 16 ° C, whereupon the Mateus received brightness. Finally, he stabilized and bottled end is cooled.
PAIRING: An excellent appetizer, pork wonderfully accompanied, fruit salads or fruit pies.
California Residents: Tap Here For Proposition 65 Warning
|WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol|
|WARNING: Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A , a chemical known to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information, go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/BPA|
Also Check: What Wines Are Keto Friendly
Mateus Dry Rose / 750 Ml
- Mateus Rose Original is a rose with a very appealing and bright hue. On the whole, it is a fresh and seductive wine with fine and intense bouquet and all the joviality of young wines. In the mouth, it is a well balanced and tempting wine, brilliantly complemented by a soft and slightly fizzy finishBrand: Mateus
What Is Mateus Portuguese Ros Wine Worth
Mateus Rosé may not be known by all modern wine drinkers, but most in the industry have heard of it, and many have tasted it, out of curiosity at least.
Mateus was once, during the 1970s, simply and arguably the most popular wine in the world.
It is even said the Queen of England enjoyed it!
Its distinctive bottle, and its modern approach to wine clearly has been a major success story in the world of wine, that lives on to this day. Mateus is still broadly found all around the world, on supermarket shelves and in many restaurants. A staple for drinkers in search of something colorful and easy.
This Portuguese pink wine is known for being a thirst-quenching, complication-free, quite light and quite sweet a wine.
Connoisseurs cant laugh loud-enough about it, while everyday-drinkers that have tried it may not have the most precise recollection of what it tastes like, but the majority wont have the most horrible memories about it either.
As a brave and curious wine writer that I am, I thought I would do what very few critics have actually done because the wine is cheap and has been around for so long: formally tasting, reviewing, and rating Mateus Rosé.
You May Like: How To Sell Vintage Wine