The Chocolate Shop: The Chocolate Lovers Wine
We were a little skeptical going in , but we never expected it to exceed our wildest fears.
Yes. Yes we can.
Chocolate Shop is a red wine infused with chocolate flavors, taking the leg work out of pairing the two. Its a local product made in Walla Walla, with their main office right here in Seattle. At Wine Folly, we enjoy Washington wines! We love nothing more than supporting and promoting regional wines that maybe dont get the attention they deserve. But not this stuff. Its not really even a wine, it just uses wine as a base. It comes across as an evil cauldron of opportunistic greed, blending reddish wine with what smells like tootsie roll essence.
What Kind Of Wine Is Best With Chocolate Wine
In other words, do I want wine with a full or lighter body? Weve mentioned that often a sweet wine is added to make chocolate wine but if you want some depth, red wine is the best match. A more full-bodied red wine will produce a more rich, wine forward chocolate wine while a lighter red wine will make the chocolate more playful. What red wine makes the most sense goes hand in hand with what chocolate is being used.
- For soft milk chocolates, look for a light body, fruity red wine such as Lambrusco or Pinot Noir.
- For darker chocolates, a fuller fruit-forward red wine like Touriga Nacional and Cabernet Sauvignon adds rich depth.
- For an especially light and playful chocolate wine, consider a sparkling wine.
Chocolate Shop Red Wine
- Chocolate Shop takes this pairing to the next level, marrying chocolate flavor with red wine to create a sumptuous drink. We start with a proprietary red blend of the finest vinifera varietals, add a touch of oak and a kiss of sweetness to create the perfect fruit-driven foil for the rich dark chocolate which unfolds in silken layers across the …Reviews: 1
Recommended Reading: Palo 61 Wine
Chocolate Shop The Chocolate Lover’s Red Wine
- Chocolate Shop Chocolate Red Wine – 750 ML, Columbia Valley, Washington $ 12.95. ex. sales tax. Go to shop Star Wines & Liquors. USA: Monroe . Bottle Ships to most US states. Free shipping in NY state over $250/ Out of state over $500. …
How About Some Stargazing
Few wines reach the iconic, instantly recognisable status that The Chocolate Block has mastered. Like all superstars, the way to stay timeless is to change, adapt.
Winemaker Marc Kent tweaks each year’s vintage to best reflect the character of his ancient vines, the year’s seasons and the sometimes wild, sometimes calm weather that the grapes ripen in on South Africa’s Western Cape. Since 2017, the wine’s principle grape, Syrah, has been ripening in ‘one of the world’s greatest Syrah vineyards’ exclusively in the Swartland, an area north of Cape Town.
Pour yourself a glass and settle among the stars.
We’ve updated our privacy notice about how we collect, store and handle your personal data
Read Also: Red Wine With Lowest Sugar Content
How To Serve Chocolate Wine
There are different ways to serve chocolate wine. The most common practice is to offer it as the last dinner course, either together with or as a replacement for dessert. But it can also be a great afternoon drink that you enjoy instead of coffee or cocoa. Furthermore, its a fantastic alternative to mulled wine around Christmas time.
Confectioners Chocolate Red Wine
Confectioners Chocolate is another delectable and soft style red wine that is delicately blended with rich and velvety chocolate. Obviously, the tempting aromas of black cherry and dark chocolate lure you in and linger on the palate. Touch of sweet red wine lingers on the smooth finish for sure. Just take a sip and enjoy the ultimate red wine and chocolate experience. Confectioners Chocolate Wine contains 12.5% of alcohol by volume, 10% of residual sugar by weight. The wine itself is light and sweet but not overpowering or viscos. Its one of the most popular chocolate wines for the intriguing celebrations. No doubt, its great for a girls night or other novelty events. Fun to drink!
Read Also: How Many Ounces In 750 Milliliters
Chocovine Dutch Chocolate And Red Wine
ChocoVine is such a wonderful blend of Dutch cocoa, brew of other ingredients, and sugar. ChocoVine is based in the Netherlands and it accounted for the two thirds of all chocolate wine sales. The part of ChocoVines growth builds on the novelty of designer flavor wine. ChocoVine not only has a variety of flavors but also a surprising degree of flexibility. The unique flavor and its adaptability may be the reasons why its been a top choice for many people. If you are a chocolate lover and a red wine lover, you will just love this wine. The original ChocoVine is excellent on its own or even better when it is accompanying cocktail. Its a perfect drink for the celebration.
Did Ms Shoemaker Have A Point
Finding the best chocolate wine, in fact, can make the difference between loving it or hating it. According to the article, Alison Shoemaker only tried a handful of chocolate wines, most of which, if not all of which were from the chain supermarket, Aldi.
The problem? She was likely sampling bulk wine. If the wine itself does not have enough distinct flavors to it, it can easily become overwhelmed by chocolate, and it can quickly become a one-note drink.
That isnt to say chocolate wine doesnt have its drawbacks. Nor is it to say that everyone will like chocolate wine. A good rule of thumb, before we go into more details, is that if you only drink dry wines, and eschew any dessert wine, you arent going to likely enjoy chocolate wine.
If, on the other hand, you enjoy sweet dessert wines and maybe also rich wines with cocoa undertones, theres a chance you might enjoy chocolate wineso long as you get the best version possible.
Don’t Miss: Best Gluten Free Wine
Excellent Chocolate From Excellent Sources
Belgium has a historical connection to cocoa production dating back to the 17th century, and today, Allez chocolates are a continuation of those deep traditions. The secret is a mixture of quality ingredients, expert processing, and a willingness to embrace innovation. Even though the European Union allows chocolate makers to substitute up to five percent of cocoa butter in their chocolate with other vegetable fats such as palm oil or Shea butter, the Belgian chocolate makers at Allez pride themselves on using 100% cocoa butter to enhance the quality and smoothness of our products. Their chocolate is produced in chip form to make it easier to temper in applications like mousses, ganache, and cookies.
How To Make Chocolate Wine At Home
To make chocolate wine at home, follow these steps:
While this process is not difficult, you need to make up your mind about the desired outcome before you begin:
- If you prefer a light wine that is enjoyable when chilled, mix soft milk chocolate with a fruity, light-bodied wine such as Pinot Noir.
- For bolder, richer preparations, combine dark bitter chocolate with a full-bodied wine like Cabernet Sauvignon. This mixture is usually better when served hot.
Recommended Reading: How Many Carbs Does Red Wine Have
What Is Chocolate Wine Made Of
Chocolate wine is typically made from at least three ingredients:
This recipe isnt carved in stone, though. There are plenty of variations, and if you make it at home, you can alter it in many ways, for instance:
- You can replace the chocolate with milk, cocoa powder, and egg yolks.
- Instead of sugar, you can use sweet fortified wines like Port or Sherry to sweeten the drink. If you aim for a very sweet drink, you might want to waive the dry wine entirely and use only the sweet wine.
- With spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, or vanilla, you can add aromas to create a more complex flavors profile.
- In some cases, a thickening agent like flour might be necessary to give the mix an enjoyable texture. Heavy cream might do the same job.
Belgiums #1 Chocolate Brand
If you are searching for gourmet chocolate with a truly bold taste, there is no choice better than Côte dOr. Founded in 1883, whose name is French for Gold Coast, a reference to the old name of what is now Ghana, where many of the worlds cacao beans come from. This Old World chocolatier is known for creating rich and decadent chocolate, the taste of which has withstood the test of time. Belgians are famous for many delectable creations, but the one that has become most synonymous with the country is rich and creamy chocolate. Its no wonder that some of the most celebrated chocolatiers have come from this country, one of which is Cote dOr. Known for creating some of the most silky and decadent chocolate on the planet, this chocolatiers name is French for Gold Coast, the former name for what is now Ghana, where a large portion of the worlds cacao beans originate from.
Recommended Reading: Safari Park Malibu
Is There Anything Else I Need To Know That Would Be Helpful For Selecting The Best Chocolate Wine
Our final piece of advice is to go in with an open mind that chocolate wine, quite simply, is meant to be a different experience than regular wine. You wont have some of the complexity, but chocolate wine does not need to be one-note, either. Remember, chocolate wine is meant to be a fun, festive dessert wine.
What Is The Optimal Serving Temperature For Chocolate Wine
The best serving temperature can vary based on the style. Some are better when served warm others should come slightly chilled at 57 to 62°F . When buying a bottle, the label usually indicates the optimal way to serve. For homemade wines, its best to try and compare warm and cool servings upfront. You can use a big ice cube to chill the mix.
Don’t Miss: Marsala Wine Food Lion
Gifts For Any Occasion
We understand the need for a reliable, quality service in the modern gifting market and feel we offer a complete solution. Our customer service is a vital link in our chain and we place a huge emphasis on getting this right for every customer, whether they are ordering 1 hamper or 10,000.
We aim to ensure every hamper leaves us in pristine condition, is carefully delivered and thoroughly enjoyed by the lucky recipient. We only include luxury food and wines which people will genuinely use and enjoy. Each product is hand-selected and tested for quality. Its a tough job, but someones got to do it!
As a business we understand the environmental impacts of our actions and we are constantly working to reduce our waste, increase the amount we recycle and minimise the on-going impacts of our hampers and gifts.
From using 100% re-cycled cardboard and bio-degradable packaging, to carefully reviewing our logistics, we place real importance on ensuring we operate in the most environmentally minded way possible. Hazelton’s Gift Baskets ship for free across America & Canada on orders over $100. View our Shipping & Delivery pages for more information regarding free shipping from Richmond Hill, Ontario ,
At HAZELTON’S we go the extra mile to curate high-quality gifts, so you can feel confident youve found the perfect gift for them, no matter what!
What Is A Chocolate Wine
Ahhh, if only there were a chocolate grape. But, with a winemaker’s skillful blending, two loves are now matchmade in heaven red wine and chocolate. That’s Amore!
Chocolate red wine is a natural match for Valentine’s Day, date nights, and anniversaries with dessert or savored on its own. It pairs nicely with engagement parties and special holiday festivities, too.
Read Also: Make Glasses Out Of Wine Bottles
Where Does Chocolate Wine Come From
Chocolate wines have been catching on for a few years now. Winemakers across the country are creating a wide variety of blends they know will move the needle. Some popular chocolate wines from the Netherlands have earned high accolades as have a few from several states across the U.S. like Washington, California, and Virginia.
How Long Does It Last When Open
Chocolate wines have an extensive lifespan even after opening them. Most styles will keep fine for at least one year.
You have to store it properly, though:
- Make sure to reseal the bottle airtight. If it was sealed with a cork initially, use a bottle stopper from metal or rubber to do so.
- Keep it in your regular fridge. Alternatively, find it a cool and dark spot in your basement.
- Dont expose it to sunlight for too long.
Recommended Reading: Best Temperature For Wine Refrigerator
Premium Belgian Drinking Chocolate
Sheer heaven on a stick! Hot Chocolate Sticks, the perfect creation for all those out there who love real hot chocolate, was created in early 2004. As with most great ideas, the concept is simplicity itself: a wooden stick with a block of real Belgian chocolate on the end. Stir for a minute in a mug of hot milk and there you have it rich hot chocolate, with the best taste you could wish for.
Premium Organic Belgian Chocolate Bars
Nirvana chocolates is made in Belgium with respect for nature and respect for cocoa farmers. Its good for you, and good for each other too. Nirvana is passionate about their chocolate, and together with you, theyre looking to make the world a better place. By paying a fair price for cocoa, sugar and valuable ingredients, you and we lend a hand to farmers in the Southern Hemisphere nor will you find any junk in our chocolate: only carefully selected organic ingredients are used to create their chocolate bars. Entirely organic and Fair Trade, shop Nirvana today.
Also Check: What Goes Well With Rose Wine
What About The Price
When it comes to chocolate wine, the fact of the matter is that you have fewer options, and chances are, you wont end up spending much. Normally, a too cheap wine may be a bad sign, but when it comes to chocolate wine, the truth is youre looking for a fun dessert wine, not the greatest wine that comes from a revered vineyard or has been finely aged.
- Chocolate wine is relatively inexpensive. Payless attention to the price tag and more attention to the characteristics of the wine
- That said, also be sure to purchase a brand that is well known or a wine that has been tested. Steer away from an off-brand and make sure you can at least learn something about the company, and, ideally, the wine itself.
What About Flavor Notes
Normally, when were trying to figure out how to find the best wine or any wine for that matter, we look carefully at flavor notes. With chocolate wine, its important to see that the flavor notes of the wine itself is mentioned and not just an emphasis on the chocolate.
- Dark to light berry notes, depending on the type of chocolate. Blackberries, cherries, raspberries, and even strawberries or blueberries
- Undertones to add depth, such as caramel, mocha or vanilla
- Spices, including baking spices such as clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon provide an especially festive feel
- Avoid anything that is overly earthy or mineral
Recommended Reading: How To Get Red Wine Out Of A Tablecloth
What Kind Of Chocolate Should I Look For
One of the greatest risks when looking for chocolate wine is coming across something that is more reminiscent of inexpensive syrup than refined or rich. For that reason, if at all possible, you do want to note what kind of chocolate is being used. The following are all good signs, but what you like is based somewhat on personal preference:
- Bakers/ semi-sweet or bitter: The same type of chocolate used in the original recipe from the 1700s, this tends to be a safe bet and provides pure if not exceptional chocolate flavor which can be adjusted in sweetness. The semi-sweet and bitter undertones also mimic some that naturally occur in red wines.
- Cocoa: You have two options hereregular or Dutch-processed. Regular cocoa will actually be more rich and intense while a Dutch-style provides more of milk chocolate. Both are better options than syrup.
- Dark chocolate will provide a richer, fuller taste than milk chocolate, though it is not for everyone or every wine. Do keep in mind that the term is somewhat flexible in meaning. That is, every country has different ways of measuring what makes dark chocolate, dark. Its likely you want to be able to see the percent cocoa, though that would be arguably ideal.
Premium Belgian Chocolate Bars
Hands Off My Chocolate makes the best, fair, Belgian quality chocolate. When the business was founded by true chocolate lovers Kitty & Thomas in 2013, they melted over 800 chocolate bars and tested them against their own chocolate to determine which people liked the most simply to offer the most delicious chocolate available. All flavors are ranked most tasteful, and their journey continues to bring delicious moments of joy in every last bite. Also, on every chocolate round is written your name !
Read Also: How Many Ounces In 750 Ml Bottle Of Wine