What Would You Pay Me For My Wines
Your bespoke offer will be emailed within 24 hours. If your goods are stored at home rather than a bonded warehouse you will receive a further email asking for your location so that we can put together the perfect logistics solution for you and your wines.
Once you receive your email offer, if you have a slightly better offer elsewhere don’t forget we have a price beat guarantee.
Wine Values: How Much Is Your Wine Worth
Wine values directly impact the answer to how much is your wine worth.
Wines tend to have a unique taste that we just cant get enough of. Apart from the many health benefits obtained from drinking wine, it gives a vibe of class, elegance, and sophistication when used in occasions and festive gatherings, need I say its seamless blending with almost any kind of food.
Everyone loves a good wine, but not so many people understand how to measure the value of the wines they consume. Its not okay to simply pop bottles of wine randomly as there is the need to take the time to check out the value of wine such that you know exactly when you are paying a high price for a low-quality wine.
If you are a wine lover, come along with us in this journey of wine discovery. We guarantee that its going to be an exciting and enlightening one for you.
Think About Your Branding
Wine is an industry with a lot of opportunity, but because there are so many wine sellers already, you need to stand out. Itâs no longer enough to have a great product when customers can easily browse hundreds of wine brands at the grocery store. You can use Americaâs wine lists to jumpstart your branding if youâre feeling stuck.
Your case of wine should have one or more distinct characteristics. Flavor is important, but so is your eCommerce packaging. Some customers will select a wine because the bottle or packaging looks exciting to them.
Many wine drinkers tend to be higher income, interested in excellence, and focused on quality. Use these characteristics and those found in the best wine lists to guide the type of wine you want to sell. You can also use the following to clarify how you want to be seen by customers:
- What kind of imagery and wording best represent my wine?
- What type of experience are those who buy my wine looking for?
- What wine price is a good fit for my products?
- Is there anything about my wine or its packaging that conveys a message thatâs inconsistent with my branding?
Your brand doesnât need to be fully materialized before you launch your website, but it should be represented clearly. Using a consistent color scheme, hosting an easy-to-use website, and providing answers to FAQs are important factors to include.
Don’t Miss: What Wine Goes With Pizza
How Much Is Your Winery Worth Today
Change Creates Opportunity
“how much is my winery worth?” The short answer to the headline question for today, is there are still plenty of buyers but overall they are being a little more selective, and your winery and vineyard are probably not worth more than they were last year.How much is my winery or vineyard worth today?”
The Alcohol Beverage Market
Current Public Company Multiples
Unique Premium Wine Company Factors
Winery Value – The Big Picture
Defining the term “Multiple”
If you have a working knowledge of the term “multiple.” skip down to the break in the page.
About Kelley Blue Book Values
For over 90 years, Kelley Blue Book has been The Trusted Resource for used car values, helping car owners understand what their used car is worth. Depending on the method of disposal, there actually may be more than one Blue Book Value for the consumer’s car, truck or SUV. The Kelley Blue Book Trade In Range shows what a consumer can expect to receive for their car this week when trading it in at a dealer. The Kelley Blue Book Private Party Value reports on a fair price when selling the car to an individual instead of doing a dealer trade in. Our Values are the results of massive amounts of data, including actual sales transactions and auction prices, which are then analyzed and adjusted to account for seasonality and market trends. Kelley Blue Book Values reflect local conditions in over 100 different geographic regions and are updated weekly to give consumers the most up-to-date used car pricing information.
You May Like: Buy Empty Wine Bottles In Bulk
The Idealwine Auction Price
- The iDealwine Auction Price Estimate is, today, the ultimate reference in the wine auction market to find price of wine for each vintage.
- The iDealwine Auction Price Estimate is based on a unique database of more than 3 million prices registered in French auctions since 1992.All price estimates are updated weekly according to the latest results, and the iDealwine Auction Price Estimate includes the buyer’s fees deducted at auction. The buyer can therefore obtain a realistic estimation of the price he/she will have to pay in order to buy the wine.The seller can obtain an estimation of the price he/she will gain from the sale
- This estimate is calculated using an algorithm created by iDealwine in 2000. If fewer auctions take place during a certain period , the price will be readjusted every year: the price will be weighted by the average evolution of other wines of a similar appellation and vintage.
- Unlike most comparison websites, which calculate the price of a wine based on just its current market price , the iDealwine Auction Price Estimate calculates an average from recent transactions at auction.
- The iDealwine Auction Price Estimate is used by almost 500,000 wine enthusiasts worldwide and is often mentioned in the media, including in La Revue du Vin de France, Bettane+Desseauve, The Drinks Business, the TV show Intégrale Placement on BFMTV and the Boursorama website.
What Do I Need To Sell Wine Online
Becoming familiar with how to sell wine legally means learning about the licenses to acquire and paperwork to complete. Prepare some funding and personal time to complete all of the forms for your business.
Here are the forms and licenses required to start an online wine business:
If you have your own winery, consider selling your products wholesale. The wholesale industry requires familiarity with a number of processes as well. Gather the starting knowledge and strategies you need in our wholesale management guide.
You May Like: How Many Carbs In Wine
Start Building A Network
Building momentum with your business relies on having people know about it. In order for people to know about your products, they often need to see them in a context theyâre familiar with.
Common contexts for buyers include their existing shopping outlets, their circle of friends, and people who influence them. By creating business relationships that can reach each of these areas, youâll be in a position to create real traction for your business.
There are at least three types of networks you should build:
- Leads and customers. Individuals who are interested in your business are what will generate engagement and sales. You should make customer satisfaction and delivering value a prominent focus of your weekly work.
- Partnerships and those you can influence. If youâre friends with the owner of another food business, discuss the potential of a partnership. Offering buyers complementary products is a great way to introduce customers from both audiences to each otherâs business.
- Influencers who can act on behalf of your business. Influencer marketing is a fast-growing trend in the business world and for good reason. People are more likely to buy from those they trust, and people trust those they like. Look for opportunities to get your product in the hands of influencers who will be both honest and bold.
Sometimes Its Going To Take Paying For A Marriage Counselor To Help Get Your Relationship Where You Both Desire
The reality is that youre going to spend money nurturing your relationship or youre going to spend money on a divorce which on average costs more than a wedding, fyi. Youre going to spend time and energy on being apart or youre going to spend time and energy being together.
At AWCC youre going to find counselors who want your relationship to thrive. If you think your marriage is worth the financial investment of counseling, dont hesitate to call us at 832-421-8714. We would love to help.
You May Like: Buy Wine Without Labels
Accurately Assessing The Value Of Your Bottles
Of all the companies that offer whisky valuation in the UK, we have become such a popular choice for sellers because of our experienced team, transparent communication and commitment to making selling your whisky and spirits as simple as possible. Our decades of combined knowledge and global network of buyers make it easy for us to accurately assess the worth of your bottles, always providing a principled quote. Well let you know whats happening during each step of the process, and as long as weve seen a photo, we will never downgrade your quote after its been made. Whats more, weve made it simple to get in touch for a valuation, and our straightforward payment system ensures youll be transferred funds instantly once your bottles have been inspected.
Prefer to speak to us directly about your whisky or spirit?
Options For Finding Out How Much Your Wine Is Worth
When it comes to obtaining a wine valuation, you have options.
If you are considering managing or liquidating an entire collection, a service like Vinfolio will send a team member to value your collection and discuss your best options.
Auction houses often offer in-person wine valuation services. These services can be helpful if you would like a live consultation. However, your options may be limited to local services and may require scheduling one or more appointments to discuss and review your collection. If you are considering managing or liquidating an entire collection, a service like Vinfolio will send a team member to value your collection and discuss your best options.
For many people, an intuitive online platformone designed by industry experts with wine investors in mindcan streamline evaluations and help you obtain accurate estimates quickly. An online tool well-suited to the needs of many investors is Vinfolios VinCellar app that enables investors to access their collection and the online marketplace from any Internet-connected device, even on the go.
Read Also: Make Your Own Wine Label
Are Kelley Blue Book Values Accurate
The question Whats the Blue Book Value? has been part of buying and selling a car for over 90 years. And simply put, no one has more experience with vehicle values and pricing than Kelley Blue Book. Weve been the go-to source for both consumers and the automotive industry since 1926. We leverage massive amounts of data, including actual transactions – then adjust for local market conditions and seasonal trends. Our values reflect both wholesale and retail transactions to provide a 360 degree view of the market. We update our pricing at least weekly to reflect the market and give dealers and consumers the most up-to-date pricing.
Bottom Line For Current Valuations
- wine companies that operate as a business instead of a hobby end up with multiples that fall between 8x – 12x EBITDA. That should be good news versus the averages shown in the above.
- If your winery is one with a strong brand, decent size, sales growth or possessing a historic location, your multiple should probably exceed 12x in today’s market.
- If you are selling a brand without assets, your sales price will probably fall below 12x EBITDA.
- If you are selling a stand-alone facility, there are fewer buyers today so you may be getting less than you would like, but you only need to find one buyer.
- If you are selling a vineyard as a stand-alone asset, you will need to start by recognizing the market is over-supplied. Some regions are better than others, but supply is long virtually everywhere except Oregon and Eastern Washington going into the 2019 harvest. Demand growth for wine by volume is flat too, so we can’t sell our way out of the oversupply this time. Buyers today have far more options. They can and should be pickier. Unless your vineyard asset has exquisite provenance, historic location and a tie to top brands, the price you might get is less than last year.
Recommended Reading: Wine Rack Made From Wooden Pallets
How To Sell Wine Online: Wine Ecommerce Tips
Wine eCommerce is experiencing robust year-over-year growth and isnât expected to slow down any time soon. The United Statesâ market is over $3 billion with an expected online wine industry growth rate of 15-16%.
Wine is also a great direct to consumer market to be in, similarly to selling coffee online. Millions of people buy wine for parties, graduations, engagements, and gifts, not to mention regular dining. Wine pairs well with dozens of foods and presents good cross selling opportunities, especially if youâre also learning how to sell food online.
If you love wine and are considering starting an eCommerce business around it, weâve got all the strategies you need. Keep reading to learn the ins and outs of selling wine online.
Private Wine Company Multiples
Before finishing I should answer the question some of you will ask which is, where are multiples for wineries now? The answer is they are lower than they were before 2007 when people seemed to focus on a 20x multiple and came to the conclusion the value of their company was worth a small third-world island country.
As long as there is scale to a business and it’s not a hobby, private wine company multiples always seem to carry higher valuations than many other private businesses. The Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Survey of 327 private equity companies done in late 2011 framed it up nicely below.
Don’t Miss: Is Total Wine Pet Friendly
How To Sell Wine At Auction
If you’re looking to sell wine at an auction, you should research if a similar wine or collection has sold recently. This will give you insight into the current wine bottle price of your wine, and if there’s enough interest. If you can’t find a price history for your wine, you may still be able to sell it. Ultimately, that decision rests on the auction house.
Next, approach multiple respected auction houses to find the best value for your wine. They will provide you with an estimate based on your collection, vintage, and condition. Once you’ve chosen the auction house, they will take over from there. You can expect to pay a seller’s fee of up to 18% when the sale is finalized.
As Well As Where You Can Buy It Both Online And Irl
And thats another amazing thing about this app.
A few weeks back, I went to an Argentinian food and wine event where my boyfriend tasted a Pascual Toso Alta Syrah that hes been banging on about ever since. We asked the PR and sommeliers about it and they had no idea where to get it from.
We schlepped to Waitrose wine department no joy. To Selfridges no luck. To the internet surprisingly little help.
Then I downloaded Vivino. Remembering that wed snapped the bottle label on the night, I uploaded it and two seconds later had found that I was standing on the same street as a shop selling the stuff .
Vivino was founded by Heini Zachariassen and Theis Søndergaard as a way of demystifying the wine industry and as a remedy for the intimidating wall of wine.
Im told that such is the community on the app that 30 of the top users in the UK have become such good palls that theyve actually set up a Secret Santa this year, each sending a bottle of wine to another person.
They even host their own Vivino Wine Style Awards the winners of which have to have at least 50 ratings from users over the past 12 months.
Its sort of like a free wine magazine subscription but without all the guff. People who like the sort of wine you like recommend new things for you to try. And vice versa. No ones being pretentious. No ones trying to rip you off.
You can even take the app down the wine aisle at Tesco and check out how good that special offer really is.
Recommended Reading: What Wine Has The Lowest Calories
How Much Is Your Wine Worth Learn From The Baghera Wines Experts
Wine production occupies 15% of Frances agricultural production, one of the worlds biggest wine consumers. Baghera Wines, knowing the impact of wine agriculture in the economy, is a consulting agency specialized in enology and fine wine auctions. Here are some tips learned from the Baghera Wines experts on determining the value of a wine bottle.
Unique Premium Wine Company Factors
Most luxury wine company buyers are individuals, strategic buyers or Private Equity firms who have a longer investment horizon compared to public companies. There are a few public companies in wine, but they all have to focus on quarter-to-quarter results – in an industry that otherwise gets only one harvest a year.
Put in financial terms, the ROI of a luxury wine asset is negatively impacted by comparatively lower year over year earnings upfront, but is then dominated by the amount and timing of the terminal multiple, or exit value of the investment. That long term math doesn’t suit Wall Street.
There is a difference between production wineries and premium and luxury wine companies because the latter are tied to terrior. The properties are always small, and value is often hidden from current earnings and instead housed in the increasing value of unique vineyard assets. That makes current returns less than competing investment choices, and the time horizon to see a real return in the wine business longer than almost all public companies can tolerate.
In fact, the landscape is littered with public company acquisitions of wineries or brands, and then subsequent failures as public companies always seem to drive sales higher with inferior grapes from increasingly widening regions. They also spin off their vineyards acquired to improve the current period ROA at the expense of managing quality.
Don’t Miss: Red Wine And Keto