Shipping Beer Liquor And Wine With Fedex
allowsFedEx Delivery Resources
FedEx alcohol shipment rules include:
- You have a FedEx account number
- You have signed an alcohol shipping agreement contact with FedEx through your account manager
- You must use inner packaging of EPS foam or molded fiber tray
- You must package the alcohol in the center of the shipment, away from the packages sides
- Your package must be deemed sturdy by FedEx
- You must clearly label the shipment and meet FedEx guidelines
- You must clearly label the package as containing alcohol
- You must receive a signature upon delivery from an adult that is 21 or older
How Do I Ship A Bundle For Alcohol
Securely cover each specific container and also six-pack prior to you obtain to your delivery shop. As a standard, you will certainly desire roughly 2 inches of bubble cover framing the beer. Youll likewise require a tough, corrugated, delivery box and also a trash can. Do not make use of among those light-weight cardboard box individuals make use of to relocation.
Who Can Ship Alcohol And To Whom
Only FedEx-approved, licensed alcohol shippers that have entered into a FedEx Alcohol Shipping Agreement may ship alcohol via FedEx services. Consumers may not ship alcohol of any type via FedEx services.
Licensee-to-licensee in the U.S.
The shipper must be a FedEx-approved alcohol shipper, the recipient must be a business entity that holds appropriate alcohol licenses, and the shipment must otherwise comply with applicable laws. Shipments can move via FedEx ExpressÂ®, FedEx GroundÂ®, or FedEx Home DeliveryÂ® services.
Licensee-to-consumer in the U.S.
FedEx only transports wine licensee-to-consumer. Direct-to-consumer wine shipments are limited to the destination states outlined in the Direct-to-Consumer Reference Guide and must otherwise comply with applicable law.
Licensee or consumer designation in FedEx automation*
Shippers are required to use updated versions of FedEx automation for shipments containing alcohol. In doing so, FedEx requires shippers to designate whether an alcohol shipment is intended for a “Licensee” or a “Consumer”.
Shippers should select the “Consumer” designation for wine shipped directly to an individual consumer for personal consumption regardless of whether the shipment is destined for a residential or commercial address. All shipments designated as “Consumer” shipments must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Both the importer and exporter must be licensed entities.
You May Like: Is There Gluten In Wine
Shipping Alcohol With Usps Ups And Fedex
Alcohol can be a tricky thing to ship. Different carriers have different rules. So well cover three of the major carriers that youre most likely to use: USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
There is absolutely no alcohol allowed for any USPS shipment, domestically or internationally.
On top of this, if you plan on using packaging that was once used to carry alcohol, all labels or branding associated with alcohol must be covered or taken off in order to properly process the package. Otherwise, USPS will assume there’s alcohol inside the package and reject it.
UPS does allow the shipment of alcohol with a few caveats.
- You must have an account number with UPS
- You must come to an alcohol shipping agreement with UPS
- You must have a license to ship alcohol according to federal and state laws.
- You must abide by the alcohol regulations of the origin state AND the destination state.
- You must use proper packaging:
- Inner packaging of EPS foam, folded corrugated tray, or molded fiber tray
- Each packaging component must secure the bottle to the center of the container, away from the side walls of the container.
- Container must be sturdy
FedEx also allows the shipment of alcohol with a few caveats:
How To Ship Wine To A Friend
Wine makes a great gift, partly because of how many wine names and wine varietals are available. If you want to learn how to ship wine to a friend, itâs easier than you may think.
Check out these tips on how to get it done:
- Check your state laws and those of your friend . Alcohol shipments are carefully regulated, whether youâre sending within the same state or out of state. Review the alcohol shipping laws on your stateâs tax or commerce website to ensure youâre adhering to all laws.
- Select a shipping company. Since you canât use USPS, it comes down to FedEx or UPS. Both offer competitive ground shipping rates and are capable of shipping fragile items like wine bottles.
- If possible, ship in late spring or early fall. Temperatures during these seasons are milder, which helps prevent oxidized wine. Your wine wonât get frozen or burst open, ensuring your friend will be quite happy when it arrives!
- Package the wine safely and effectively. Using the right packaging materials is essential when shipping wine to a friend. Whether you only need a single molded fiber tray or a box that fits two or more bottles, get what is sufficient for your shipment. Check that the box seals well, there are no old labels on it, and that the flaps are double taped.
Don’t Miss: Grandi Mori Prosecco
Can Alcohol Be Shipped To All 50 States
The simplest answer: No, and you can thank Prohibition for that. Since 1933, states were given the right to decide their own alcohol laws, and shipping regulations fall within that jurisdiction. Within the scope of alcohol delivery, interstate shipments are easiest due to the fact that both parties are already aware of all local legal perimeters. However, many states dont allow out-of-state retail sales of alcohol at all, and some have restrictions on direct-to-consumer sales. Knowing your shipments destination and the local laws for receipt is of utmost importance.
Can You Ship Alcohol From Alberta To Ontario
A: Yes. The Government of Ontario amended Regulation 718 under the Liquor Licence Act. Individuals are now permitted to bring any quantity of beverage alcohol into Ontario on their person from other Canadian provinces or territories, as long as it is for personal consumption and not for re-sale or commercial use.
Also Check: Shaohsing Rice Wine Substitute
What States Can You Ship Alcohol To
Six statesFlorida, Hawaii, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Hampshire and Rhode Islandand the District of Columbia authorize the direct shipment of all spirits as specified. Eight states allow the direct shipment of beer and wine as specified: Delaware, Massachusetts, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Vermont and Virginia.
How To Ship Liquor
Because liquor is an alcoholic beverage, it is subject to the same strict shipping requirements that wine is subject to. This means that you will have to obtain a license to ship it, get a special contract with UPS or FedEx, and only ship it to states where you can legally ship it to.
If you are shipping within your own state, then it is much easier to figure out what the regulations are for shipping it.
Recommended Reading: Aldi Wine Reviews
How To Ship Wine Through The Mail
With the holidays fast approaching, many people aged 21 and older are getting ready to put down their kale smoothies and pick up the bottle of vino. Thats right between Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve, drinking season is upon us. Since its also a time of gift-giving, many more will try to navigate the labyrinth of rules that govern how to ship wine through the mail.
For a country built by booze-loving colonials who in large part believed, Alcohol could cure the sick, strengthen the weak, enliven the aged, and generally make the world a better place, we Americans sure do make it complicated to ship wine to one another.
If you are ready to take up the challenge, heres what you need to know.
What Is The Best Way To Send A Package
You May Like: How Do You Remove Red Wine From Fabric
Is It Possible To Send Perishable Goods Through Usps
Perishable goods may be delivered through USPS if extra measures are taken during the packaging process. Keep in mind that perishable mail is defined by the USPS as being sent at your own risk. Your items packaging must satisfy the specified criteria regardless of whether it comes under the perishable category.
How Do I Ship Wine Through Ups
All shipments must meet UPS packaging requirements for wine. UPS will accept inner packaging of molded Expanded Polystyrene foam, folded corrugated tray, or molded fiber tray. Each packaging component secures the bottles into the center of the shipping container away from the side walls of the shipper.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Sell My Wine Collection
How Much To Ship Bottle Of Wine
A wine bottle weighing three pounds or less costs anywhere from $8 to $16 to ship in most scenarios. This information is particularly handy if youâre more likely to ship out single bottles of wine at a time.
The heavier the package and the longer the distance, the more it will cost to ship. You can mitigate such expenses by looking for bulk shipping rates and having dedicated picking and packing shifts.
Dhl Shipping Liquid Rules
This German carrier generally wont transport dangerous products such as aerosols, eau de toilettes, perfumes, and aftershaves. However, you can send items containing alcohol locally in most countries – and if you want to use DHL to send these within European countries, you will have to do it in line with the regulations of the destination country.
Also Check: Where To Buy Wine Yeast Locally
How To Package Alcohol For Shipping
Within all these carriers alcohol shipping legal guidelines, there are also packaging requirements that need to be considered when shipping alcohol. Since alcohol shipment deals with both liquids and glassware, it makes sense that the packaging restrictions are detailed and extensive. UPS even offers complimentary packaging services to help ensure all alcohol shipments are good to go. To avoid wasted alcohol sales and loss of product, shippers need to avoid breakage within the parcel by filling any voids in packaging appropriately. Different alcohol types will have unique requirements based on their contents, so make sure to consider the little details before arranging for a shipping label. Properly packing and marking boxes as fragile to make sure proper care is taken in handling the package is a necessary step to guarantee that the efforts of shipping the alcohol is worth it.
How To Ship Wine Through Usps
USPS doesnât ship any alcoholic beverages, whether internationally or domestically. USPSâ freedom to ship alcohol may change in the future, though.
US state representatives introduced a bill in May 2021 called the USPS Shipping Equity Act which would allow the governmentâs postal service to ship alcohol. The representatives say the only reason USPS isnât doing so now is because of a Prohibition-Era law that still stands.
Until the laws change, eCommerce business owners must use private companies to deliver their drinks.
How To Ship Alcohol Overseas
You’ve fallen in love with a Bordeaux produced at a small French vineyard, and you can’t imagine life without this fruity concoction. Unluckily for you, however, “once you’re changing countries, gets exponentially more difficult,” says Weinberg. First, Weinberg advises, you will have to “make sure the product can be legally shipped into the destination without a permit.” You can check this guide to see your state’s individual regulations. If you don’t, your “product could be seized, quarantined, or destroyed,” warns Weinberg. And no one wants that, do they? Shipping out of the U.S. into another country will require you to brush up on state and federal export rules and the import rules of whichever country you’re sending it to . Good luck. Once again, it’s probably best to go through a retailer or distributor.
Weinberg also recommends that you confirm with the retailer or distributor if any taxes or duties need to be paid on the product you intend to ship. If so, they should be able to advise you on how to pay them, and how much they will cost you. Lastly, “purchase from a reputable dealer who knows the ins and outs of laws, and ideally has experience shipping to your destination of choice,” Weinberg advises.
In short, as much as you might like to personally pick up, wrap and send a bottle of booze as a gift, this is one task better left to professionals.
Is It Possible To Send Liquids Via Mail
Liquids That Are Allowed
Liquids that are nonflammable and nonhazardous may be sent if they are enclosed in a watertight container. Make a note on the outside container indicating it contains liquid, so postal workers are aware of the contents within. Liquids should not be sent with just a friction-top or push-down seal.
You May Like: One Hope Wine Compensation Plan
Can You Ship Alcohol Via Usps
No, you canât ship alcohol via USPS. Itâs their official policy not to ship any alcoholic beverages, both domestically and internationally.
The only kinds of products you can ship via USPS with alcohol in them are cooking wine, common cold remedies, and mouthwash. The alcoholic content of these products is innocuous, isnât a substitute for real alcoholic drinks, and is unlikely to be abused by minors.
Fedex Shipping Liquid Rules
Merchants are able to ship liquids through FedEx and can find a detailed policy explanation and a step-by-step packing guide on their website.
To ensure your package is accepted for shipment:
- Use a waterproof, sealable primary container.
- Pad the empty spaces of additional containers so that they dont touch each other – the materials should also be absorbant to contain any leakage.
- Ensure the bottles are placed upright .
- The final, outer container should be able to contain any potential leakage.
Don’t Miss: Can You Drink Wine In Ketosis
How To Legally Ship Alcohol Products Via Fedex
Items like clothing materials, toys, books, and electronic products can be easily shipped with FedEx, with almost no restriction. Although youre allowed to ship most items with FedEx, there are a few that require special permission. For instance, to ship alcohol items, you need to follow certain strict guidelines provided by FedEx. You have to fulfill their requirements and fill up necessary forms to ship spirits, wine bottles, or any other alcoholic items.
This guide will help you uncover the mysteries surrounding alcohol-shipping. You will find the necessary steps and information which would help you ship alcohol items to your customers legally. You will see how you could automatically create shipping labels for your alcohol shipments.
We will also introduce you to two e-commerce shipping solutions WooCommerce Shipping plugin for FedEx and Shopify Ship, Rate and Track for FedEx. They have built-in features that allow you to ship alcohol directly from your online store. So, read more and get to know about them.
Dont Be Afraid To Ask Your Carrier
Heres the bottom line: if you dont know something, just ask your carrier! UPS and FedEx have a lot of guidelines for you to follow in order to ship alcohol. However, both UPS and FedEx employ lots of customer service representatives ready to help you out at a moments noticeand that help goes a long way. Just remember to stay away from USPS on this oneat least until the laws change.
Be the first to comment!
You May Like: Is Woodbridge Wine Gluten Free
Can I Send Wine Through Ups
- UPS DOES NOT ACCEPT SHIPMENTS OF WINE FROM SHIPPERS WHO HAVE NOT ENTERED INTO ONE OF THESE AGREEMENTS. All shipments of wine must be processed for shipment with a UPS Compatible Shipping solution such as WorldShip or CampusShip or any approved third-party vendor system. Click to see full answer. Regarding this, can you ship wine through ups?
How To Ship Alcohol To A Friend
Are you curious about how to ship alcohol to a friend? Itâs doable as long as you follow all spirits shipping regulations. Here are the basics of sending a drink to your friend:
- Familiarize yourself with state laws. Because alcohol is an age-restricted substance, itâs more heavily regulated than most products. Your shipmentâs packaging, delivery, and destination details should conform to the laws of your state and that of your recipient.
- Choose a carrier from popular eCommerce shipping companies. FedEx and UPS both offer different advantages depending on your needs. UPS is great for ground shipping and FedEx has advantages for overnight air or international shipping. You canât ship alcohol via USPS because they expressly prohibit it in their policies.
- Package it well. Any box containing an alcoholic beverage should be packaged and sealed tightly. After putting the beverage in a polystyrene foam container, you can line your cardboard box with plastic film. This prevents the cardboard from liquid damage in the unlikely event of spillage. Double check that everything fits well and that the box doesnât have too much empty space. Double seal the box with tape and you can ship with confidence.
Also Check: Which Is The Sweetest Stella Rosa Wine
How Do You Send Alcohol To Someone
You must package the alcohol in the center of the shipment, away from the packages sides. Your package must be deemed sturdy by UPS. You must clearly label the shipment and meet UPS, origin state, and destination state guidelines. You must clearly label the package as containing alcohol.