Hook & Ladder 2019 Ros Of Pinot Noir
You now have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. Cheers!
Dark-pink in color, this wine sizzles in acidity as it opens to a midpalate of more weighty, concentrated flavors of peach, strawberry and sweet vanilla. Virginie Boone
All tastings reported in the Buying Guide are performed blind. Typically, products are tasted in peer-group flights of from 5-8 samples. Reviewers may know general information about a flight to provide contextvintage, variety or appellationbut never the producer or retail price of any given selection. When possible, products considered flawed or uncustomary are retasted.
Ratings reflect what our editors felt about a particular product. Beyond the rating, we encourage you to read the accompanying tasting note to learn about a products special characteristics.
Cecil De Loach Hooks Us Again
At $20, the 2015 Hook & Ladder Tillerman Red Blend ranks among the best Sonoma Cabernet values weve tasted in years.
To the delight of many Wine Access members, we recently learned that Sonoma legend Cecil De Loach came out of retirement to quietly make $20 wine in the Russian River Valley under his Hook & Ladder label. Station Ten Zinfandel was the first we discovered, and when it promptly sold out, we realized we must not be the only Cecil De Loach fans out there. We promptly contacted the man himself to see what else hed be willing to share.
Enter the 2015 Hook & Ladder Tillerman Red Blend. We werent sure if the Station Ten could be topped for a value red , but then we tasted this. Classic blackberry and cassis aromas evoke Cabs three times the price, especially after a few swirls in the glass, when the vanilla, pie spice, tobacco, and violet notes kick in. Balanced and complex, the bold structure supports a brambly berry palate, backed by supple tannins and a toasted oak finish. We shouldnt have been so surprised by the serious quality.
Made by Cecil De Loachone of Sonomas founding fathers, whose De Loach label helped create the Russian River Valley AVAthe character of this red is all De Loach. The price is tough to wrap our heads aroundRussian River grapes are expensiveso we headed straight to the source, where Cecils grandson Jason broke it down for us.
Hook And Ladder Wine Tasting
Bobbie was super helpful and generous. Great small vineyard with excellent wines all firefighters should stop by!
This cute Winery was our favorite! Their Port is the the best Port I have EVER had! Bobby was so nice and such great service!
We really enjoyed our visit to Hook & Ladder. It is a nice, smaller winery that has really nice wines. The staff there is wonderful and very welcoming. Our server, Robin, was a lot of fun. She was well informed on the wines and made our tasting very enjoyable! Their “Third Alarm” and their 2014 Estate Gewurztraminer were our favorites! We sent a case of the Gewurz home!! Thanks Robin for the fun time!
Also Check: Gluten Free Wine Brands List
Just A Few Reminders Before You Arrive
- Tasting flights includes five wines from $20 to $30 per flight.
- Tasting experience fees are non-refundable and do not apply to wine purchase.
- Wine Club members receive complimentary or discounted tastings for the member and up to three additional guests.
- Reservations offer a duration of 90 minutes from your scheduled arrival time.
- Weather conditions may change and heating and shade options are limited. Dressing in layers and bringing sun screen is advised.
- If you wish to picnic, please be mindful of residual trash.
- Please let us know if kids or other non-tasting members of your party will be joining.
- We will be disinfecting all surfaces after each tasting.
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required. Tasting fees will not be refunded if cancellation occurs within 24 hours of scheduled time of arrival.
Hook Ladder Buy Wine Spirits And Beer Online Or Locally
- https://1000corks.com/wine/Hook-& -Ladder
- Hook & Ladder Cabernet Sauvignon 750ml. Black cherry, cardamom spice, vanilla and leather are the aromatic attractions. It’s the black cherry, cranberry and cocoa that stars in this smooth, moderately tannic, balanced Cabern. More Info: 2017 Hook & Ladder Cabernet Sauvignon 750ml.
Recommended Reading: Wine By The Glass Pricing
Wine Youll Love For A Lifetime
We are firefighters. We believe in brotherhood and family. We are seeking to create a unique experience for our local customers that make you part of the family. We encourage you to look through our wine selection, find wines you want to try, and come downtown to have a glass with us! If you are in town, nearby, or live in Texas,w e cannot wait for you try the wine selections we have prepared for you!