Login Stone Hill Winery Online Store
- We at Stone Hill Winery understand your concerns about the security of online transactions. Therefore, our site is equipped with the most advanced Secure Socket Layer technology available to ensure the privacy of any information you submit through this site.
Remembering Stone Hill Winery Co
Due in no small part to his contributions, Missouri wine has in some ways gone from laughable to laudable over more than a half century.
Around the time I married former St. Louis Post-Dispatch wine writer Joe Pollack, he said to me, Youre going to learn that the people in the wine business are some of the nicest people in the world.
Yeah, I thought, youre a wine writer. Of course theyll be nice to you.
Joe turned out to be right. The first example I found may have been Jim Held and his wife, Betty, of Stone Hill Winery in Hermann. Joe had known and written about the couple for years. But that alone surely wouldnt have produced, shortly after our marriage, an invitation for a celebratory breakfast on their back patio after an evening wine function in town. That began my relationship with them.
Held died last Friday, November 8. He was a towering figure in Missouris wine industry, one of the patriarchs. Due in no small part to his contributions, Missouri wine has in some ways gone from laughable to laudable over more than a half century.
The following year, the judging moved to another siteand then to a separate event in a more agreeable setting. Today, it’s the Governors Cup competition, and this years judging will be held around the same time that Held is laid to rest.
Missouri will miss him. I certainly will.
Stone Hill Winery Outlet
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing
- No tips yetWrite a short note about what you liked, what to order, or other helpful advice for visitors.
- stone hill winery outlet new florence & #149
- stone hill winery outlet new florence photos & #149
- stone hill winery outlet new florence location & #149
- stone hill winery outlet new florence address & #149
- stone hill winery outlet new florence & #149
- stone hill new florence & #149
- stone hill winery outlet new florence & #149
- stone hill winery-new florence new florence & #149
- stone hill winerynew florence new florence & #149
Read Also: Cabernet Sauvignon With Lasagna
Why Visit Stone Hill Winery
Stone Hill Winery in Hermann is one of Missouris top tourist attractions and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With a commanding view of the town, the 13 acre complex consists of the stately main building built in 1869, inviting gift shop, 165-year-old arched underground cellars, a fine restaurant and state-of-the-art production facilities that produce over 260,000 gallons of wine.
Where To Try And Buy
Stone Hill Winerys Cream Sherry: Purchase online at shop.stonehillwinery.com or at retailers and restaurants across Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and more, including select Schnucks, Hy-Vee and Gomers Fine Wines and Spirits locations. Find a full list of vendors under Where to Buy at stonehillwinery.com.
Oz Winerys Surrender: Oz ships wine to almost every state in the U.S., depending on state laws. Order by phone at 785.456.7417 or by emailing . An online store will be up and running soon.
Blue Sky Vineyards Shawnee Cream: Purchase online at blueskyvineyard.com or at the vineyards tasting room. A few retailers in southern Illinois also carry Shawnee Cream call the winery at 618.995.9463 to inquire about specific retailers.
Read Also: What’s The Lowest Calorie Wine
Where To Buy Stone Hill Wine Stone Hill Winery
- LIQUOR CABINET, THE 222 IMMANUEL AVE. NEW HAVEN MO 63068. 13.1 mi Directions. Visit our online shop for product descriptions, pricing and special product promotions. 1110 Stone Hill Highway. Hermann, MO 65041. MAP & DIRECTIONS.
Thank You Stone Hill Winery
- 1110 Stone Hill Highway Hermann, MO 65041 MAP & DIRECTIONS. Winery. Call 573-486-2221. Information & Hours. Restaurant. Call 573-486-3479. Information & Hours. Join Email List. Online shop specials, birthday discounts & more! Visit Year Round. … Winery
You May Like: Total Wine Omaha
Where To Find Missouri Wine
Did you fall in love with a particular wine while touring one of the Show-Me States 130 wineries? Does your friend insist that you try the best Missouri wine they ever tasted?
Good News! You dont have to travel far to get a bottle of delicious Missouri wine.
With our new interactive map, finding a restaurant or retailer near you that carries Missouri wine has never been easier. With more than 2,000 locations, youre sure to find a spot nearby.
*Locations were collected from wineries via survey._______________________________________________________________________
In response to COVID-19, Missouri wineries have adjusted the way they sell to consumers on-site. Below are ways that you can continue purchasing Missouri wine as well as specials being offered to customers. Please support your local winery now to ensure they are around to enjoy in the future!
Excellent Wine But Buy It At Walmart Cheaper
The Stone Hill Winery offers a free wine tasting and tour. We enjoyed the tour. They state on the wine tasting list and during the tour that their award winning STEINBERG WHITE is their number one best seller. We bought a bottle and it is very good. We also enjoyed the JACQUESSE KICK’N BERRY. In September 2011 they were offereing buy one case and get one free. Too much for us because of shipping cost but a very good price.Now if you aren’t buying by the case, here is a tip to save you money. You can buy the Steinberg White as well as several other bottles of wine they offer at the Walmart one mile down the road off Green MountaIn Road. . The Walmart price was $4.00 cheaper per bottle for the Steinberg White. Other Stone Hill winery wines were also much cheaper at Walmart. So much for the “free” samples during the tour. If you can’t find what you want at Walmart it is a short drive back to the winery store.
Read Also: How Many Carbohydrates Does Wine Have
Hermanns Stone Hill Wine Named Best In Us
Jon Held, left, holds a bottle of Stone Hill Winerys award-winning Norton 2017 wine June 17 while standing with Shaun Turnbull, head winemaker.
Stone Hill Winerys 2017 Norton was named the U.S. best native wine in 2020.
In the American Wine Society Competition, judges tasted more than 550 wines from about 100 wineries around the nation. Stone Hills 2017 Norton received the Best of Class Native Wine award for its balance and taste, Stone Hill Winery strategic operator Nathan Held said.
The wine retails for $21 a bottle, and 12,000 bottles have been produced. Stone Hill Winery began selling the variety about two months ago.
2017 was just a phenomenal growing season, he said. It let us have a phenomenal wine.
A native wine comes from grapes native to the Americas, primarily the north.
They evolved in North America, Held said. Your cabernets, your Asian grapes, they require pesticides and fungicides because there are pests in Asia that are not in North America. So these grapes are naturally more resistant to the pests here, and also they are climate acclimated.
Four years ago, the rain fell and the temperature was warm at the right times of the year. No late frost damaged the crops either, making 2017 one of the winerys best growing seasons in the past half a century, he said.
Stone Hill Winery Norton Hermann Prices Stores
- This is the fourth most highly rated Hermann wine .This is the highest-priced red wine from Hermann. The price has been stable over the past year.This is the second most sought-af … Stores and prices for ‘Stone Hill Winery Norton, Hermann’ prices, stores, tasting notes and 89%
Don’t Miss: Kim Crawford Alcohol Content
Stone Hill Winery Chambourcin Missouri Prices Stores
- Critics have rated this as the best available among Missouri wines: the 2015 vintage was given a score of 92 by Tastings.com.Based on critic scores and price, this wine represents outstanding value … Stores and prices for ‘Stone Hill Winery Chambourcin, Missouri’ prices, stores, tasting notes and market data.92%
Winery Tours And Tastings Stone Hill Winery
- The Hermann winery also welcomes Groups. Stone Hill can help organize additional activities to make your visit a memorable one. Advance arrangements are required, as well as a minimum of 20 people per group. Group menus for dining at Vintage Restaurant, our on-site German-American restaurant
Don’t Miss: Tj Swann Wine
Reviews For Stone Hill Winery
When it comes to Hermann wineries, I think everyone knows Stone Hill. Wine is *good* for Missouri, lots of options. But DANG it’s expensive to taste here! Plus you always have to wait for your turn. It’s nice to come during the pandemic, and be outside. They usually have a band on weekends which is fun, some things to snack on. I think it’s a spot everyone should go once, it has a fun layout, beautiful views, and you’re right in the middle of the winery.
The food in the restaurant was good. Service was excellent. Bought 2 bottleswine in store 2017 Norton at $27 a bottle. Went to save a lot and it was 16.00. Will never buy stone again. The peach and moscato were $17 at the gift shop. Were $8.99 at save a lot. We got screwed at the winery. And save a lot said customers said it happened all the time.
Stone Hill Wine Wins Best In State Contest
Hermann-based Stone Hill Winery won the award for best wine at the Missouri Wine Competition, one of more than 40 honors it took home from the competition, July 13-15.
Stone Hills 2019 chambourcin was declared the best wine overall, earning the Governors Cup. The winerys 2019 Norton also received the C.V. Riley Award, meaning it is the best Norton in Missouri.
These were the two highest honors in the competition, according to Stone Hills strategic operator Nathan Held. A total of 226 wines competed for the best overall title.
Stone Hill honors included 14 gold medals and the following five best-in-class awards:
Best of Class Sparkling for its demi-sec.
Best of Class Semi-Dry White for its 2020 traminette.
Best of Class Semi-Dry Red for its 2019 Ozark hellbender.
Best of Class Dry Rosé for its dry rosé.
Best of Class Dry Red for its 2019 chambourcin.
Our vineyard and cellar crew did a remarkable job, along with Mother Natures good graces, which allowed us to make some great wines, Head Winemaker Shaun Turnbull said in a statement. The whole Stone Hill team came together to produce exceptional wines yet again.
Earlier this year, Stone Hill Winery also received a national award for the best native wine with its 2017 Norton, which competed against more than 550 wines from about 100 wineries around the U.S.
Also Check: Turn Beer Bottles Into Drinking Glasses
Stone Hill Winery Cream Sherry Missouri Prices Stores
- This is the third most expensive wine made from Rare White Blend in Missouri. The price has been stable over the past year.This producer makes many wines including those from grapes Rare Red Blend … Stores and prices for ‘Stone Hill Winery Cream Sherry, Missouri’ prices, stores