Cascadian Outfitters By Goose Ridge
Rosé, Columbia Valley
Deep pink, redolent of strawberries and rose petals, fruit and round without being cloying.
Red Blend, Columbia Valley
Fruity, lighter-bodied red filled with cherries, plums, and very little tannin influence.
Rosé Bubbles, American Origin
Think spiked pink grapefruit soda with a dash of strawberry rhubarb, this can of rosé bubbles will please the person looking for slightly sweet sparkles.
Brut Bubbles, American Origin
Move Over Ros Cans Are The Hottest Thing This Spring
Spring has sprung in Washington State and that means the outdoors is calling. Fortunately, the wine industry has caught on to the correlation between wine drinkers and outdoor enthusiasts and theres an uptick in producers packaging wines in cans. Because no one wants to lug a heavy glass bottle to the top of Mailbox Peak!
And I was only kidding about unseating rosé as the hottest trend in wine. Nothing can touch that success story. Except maybe canned rosé, am I right? The best of both worlds is available from 14 Hands, Cascadian Outfitters , and Waterbrook. When it comes to drinking wine out of a can, I generally appreciate them in descending order from rosé, to white blends, and lastly reds. Perhaps that is because I associate drinks in a can with cold and frosty beverages not room temperature red wine. Maybe thats just me.
But, whats going to be even hotter than rosé in a can? Canned bubbles. And for that, we need to circle back to House Wine offering Rosé Bubbles and Brut Bubbles in canned form both with American origin designations. Columbia Valley-based bubbles are on the menu at 14 Hands, if youre looking for local sparkles.
Sports fans, our man Merf has your back. His eponymous MERF label produces canned versions of the MERF Cabernet Sauvignon and MERF Chardonnay, available on premise at Century Link Field and T-Mobile Park. Beer may still reign supreme at sporting events, but at least wine drinkers can join the can-in-hand club.
What Happens If Merf Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Read Also: Where To Buy Cannonau Wine
Homewine Valley Lodge Napa California
- Welcome to the Wine Valley Lodge You have entered into the heart of “Wine Country” While staying with us you can be confident that all of our guest can enjoy clean, comfortable rooms with free high speed internet, free continental breakfast in our unique breakfast cafe and free local calls!
Merf 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon
You now have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. Cheers!
Aromas of black currant, cedar, toast, spice, plum, green pepper and cherry lead to dense, tightly backed red and black fruit flavors. It has a lovely sense of freshness, balance, and lengtha whole lot of wine for the money. Sean P. Sullivan
- Not rated yet
All tastings reported in the Buying Guide are performed blind. Typically, products are tasted in peer-group flights of from 5-8 samples. Reviewers may know general information about a flight to provide contextvintage, variety or appellationbut never the producer or retail price of any given selection. When possible, products considered flawed or uncustomary are retasted.
Ratings reflect what our editors felt about a particular product. Beyond the rating, we encourage you to read the accompanying tasting note to learn about a products special characteristics.
ClassicThe pinnacle of quality
Very GoodOften good value well recommended
GoodSuitable for everyday consumption often good value
- The Best Wine Vintages to Drink in 2020Trying to decide if a 2013 or 2014 Cab is drinking better? Or which vintage is now at its best for France or California? This is your cheat sheet.
Read Also: Is Cabernet Sauvignon Keto Friendly
Merf Wines’s David Merfeld On Wine Travel & What’s For Dinner Tonight
We make money from support by sponsors, advertisers, and affiliate partners. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love fun wines and the personality behind them, so I was excited to try MERF Wines Cabernet Sauvignon a few weeks ago. All too often I feel like wine is either stuffy and boring or kitchy product designed to draw you in with a label but ultimately lacking the quality product to make you want more. I’ve been a fan though of Columbia Valley wines from Washington State since they generally have a fantastic quality to them that is almost a part of the lifestyle. David “Merf” Merfeld’s product continues this so we wanted to get to know him a bit more. Here’s his thoughts on travel, food, and why he switched from brewing to winemaking.
There Are So Many Amazing Wine Regions Around The United States Today Which Ones Are You Most Excited To See Develop How About Internationally Too
Thats a tough one. I firmly believe that Washington State is one of the greatest growing regions in the world. I would like to see further development of new sites in our region. Internationally, I am keeping my eye on British Columbia. The Okanagan Valley could be the next great growing region for Merlot.
You May Like: Is Malibu Wine Safari Open
Napa Valley Lodge Official Website Napa Valley Hotels
- Adjacent to renowned vineyards, the Lodge is just steps away from the wine countrys finest restaurants and wine tasting rooms. Whether you come to discover Napas next cult winery, experience the regions culinary excellence, or to just unwind by the pool, you will be well cared for at the Napa Valley Lodge.
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Also Check: Get Wine Out Of White Shirt
Over 1000 Wines In Store
We taste and thoughtfully select every bottle that we sell in-store to ensure that it is up to snuff. If you have a special event, need the perfect gift, or just want to try something new one of our experts would love to help you choose just the right bottle out of our extensive selection. Are you looking for a specific product reach out to us, if we dont have it, we may be able to get it for you!
Grape Growing In Washington
Washington state is Americas second largest wine-producing region, with over 31,000 vine acres and 580 wineries, 90% of them east of the Cascade Mountain range in the Columbia Valley of eastern Washington, a high-plains region in which the Snake, Yakima and Columbia rivers converge. The Columbia Valley encompasses seven American Viticultural Areas: Walla Walla Valley, Yakima Valley, Horse Heaven Hills, Red Mountain, Rattlesnake Hills, Wahluke Slope, and Columbia Gorge. In this semi-arid climate, vines are planted on south-facing slopes to enhance sun exposure in the summer and air drainage in winter. The Cascades block the harsh storms coming in from the Pacific Ocean and so Eastern Washington receives only 6 to 8 inches of rainfall annually. This creates an ideal environment for wine grapes to thrive year after year. The Columbia Valleys warm, sunny days and extended sunlight hours help develop intense flavors while its cool nights ensure high levels of acidity in the Merlot grapes.
Read Also: Is Malibu Wine Safari Open
Local Canned Wines Youhaveto Try:
14 Hands Winery
- Bubbles, White Blend, Columbia Valley, $5.99
- An off-dry, fruity blend of aromatic white grapes, Muscat lends orange blossom notes to the nose followed by citrus, especially tangerine, on the palate. Very zesty.
- Aavailable in the PNW only.
- Price determined at location of sale
- Rich and balanced with pear, apple, and subtle oak integration.
Cascadian Outfitters by Goose Ridge
- Rosé, Columbia Valley, $30/6 pack
- Deep pink, redolent of strawberries and rose petals, fruity and round without being cloying.
- Pink starburst, watermelon, red berry sparkles.
The Future Of Northstar
In Todays global wine industry, winemaking has become a science and modern technology makes possible the production of reliably good wine. But truly great wine requires more. It requires heart and soul the heart of an artisan winemaker passionately committed to creating a masterpiece and the soul of a place formed by eons of geological, environmental and social transformation. In Merf, Northstar has such a winemaker and in the Walla Walla and Columbia Valleys, we have such a place. No matter the vintage, the goal remains the same luxurious, ultra-premium Washington state Merlot perfectly marrying the art and science of winemaking.
Recommended Reading: What Wine Has The Lowest Calories
Northstars Vision Art Meets Science
Galileo knew that the most wondrous things in life can be appreciated as both art and science. That insight has been our inspiration at Northstar since our inception in 1994. Merlot is widely recognized as one of Washingtons star varietals and Northstar was established in the Walla Walla Valley with a singular focus on this noble grape variety.
From the outset, weve strived to reach one goal: to make Merlots considered among the worlds best, utilizing the unique terroir of the Walla Walla and Columbia Valleys. Our winemaker works tirelessly to achieve this goal and to craft elegant, complex wines designed to enhance any occasion and always age gracefully. Northstar is a guiding light attracting wine seekers to the marvel of Washington state Merlot: an astonishing example of varietal expression Galileo himself would admire.
Wine Valley Lodge Motel Napa Napa Valley Ca
- Wine Valley Lodge is an excellent choice for travelers visiting Napa, offering a family-friendly environment alongside many helpful amenities designed to enhance your stay. Close to some of Napa’s most popular landmarks, such as Riverbend Plaza and Riverfront Promenade , Wine Valley Lodge is a great destination for tourists.4/5
Read Also: Will You Be My Bridesmaid Wine
I Love Your Cabernet Sauvignon And I’m Looking Forward To Trying Your Chardonnay Sometime Soon What’s Next For Your Portfolio
Thank you. I love my Cabernet. I really proud about how the wines turned out. For now we want to build the brand. I really want to get as many people as possible to try the MERF wines that I have created. For whats next we will have to see. I definitely will create quality wines that I like to drink. Any suggestions?
James: I’m always a big fan of Malbec or anything that’s got lots of fruit and bold flavors.
Merf: I love Malbec and that varietal performs very well in Columbia Valley. Warm vintages produce a very big, bold, and jammy wine. Also, I love Riesling. Especially when they get some age on them. Riesling is a great food wine and you can make a wide variety of styles of wine out of that varietal.
Wine Valley Lodge Napa Updated 2021 Prices
- Guests at the Wine Valley Lodge can take a Napa Valley Wine Country Tour or take a scenic balloon ride above the valley. Within driving distance, guests can spend the day at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom or tour the Jelly Belly factory. Couples in particular like the location they rated it 8.5 for a two-person trip. We speak your language!8.5/10
Read Also: How To Make Your Own Wine Bottle Labels
I’m Hungry We’ve Got A Bottle Of Merf Cabernet Sauvignon Open On The Table And The Grill Is Heating Up What Are We Eating Tonight
So many choices..I designed the wines to be food friendly and pair well will all different kinds of food. How about prime rib with crispy herbed potatoes and roasted corn on the cob. Now Im hungry! Thanks.
MERF Wines can be found nationwide, including most Whole Foods and grocery stores. A store locator is available on their website.
Canned Wine For The Win
Its summer in the PNW, and that means everyone is outside 24/7 soaking in as much vitamin D as Mother Nature can shine our way. Fortunately, the wine industry has caught on to the correlation between wine drinkers and outdoor enthusiasts, and theres an uptick in producers packaging wine in cans. Because Mailbox Peak is tough enough without a heavy glass bottle in your pack!
Most cans are 12 ounces, the same size as a standard beer or soda can. Because the package seems so much smaller, it might come as a surprise to note that they contain 375 milliliters thats half of a bottle ! Gives lightweight a whole new meaning. Some, like MERF, Milbrandt, and Free Public, are slimmer 250-milliliter cans and 1½ glasses, or a third of a bottle.
Washington producers offer an array of options, from red blends and white blends to rosé and bubbles. Oregon wineries have much the same lineup, though the red wine tends to be pinot noir instead of Bordeaux or Rhone varietals.
House Wine, while based in Washington, sources most of its juice from California and even Chile. In addition to standards like a red blend, sauvignon blanc, and pinot noir versions, House Wine also makes sangria and several spritzers, like tropical, lemon-lime, and berry flavors. Bubbles come in the form of rosé and brut .
Read Also: Where To Buy Fresita Wine